Meg's a Mommy!
What I blog about
I am more than just a mommy. I am a Domestic Goddess, Queen of the house, Craft Nerd, Tech Junky, Art Chick, Coding Diva, Blogging Beauty! I am a working mom, a wife of 5 years and also a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in my spare time. I blog about all this and more on this blog.
Favorite blogging tools and inspiration
I love and use wordpress, and especially the thesis theme - so easy to customize! I read a ton of other blogs, from mommy blogs like MckMama and Pajamas and Coffee to crafty blogs like Kristina Werner and Kerry's Paper Crafts. And, sometimes, I read a mixture of both like Natalie Jost.
What I love most about blogging
I Love the community centered around blogging. I have met so many wonderful Mom's out there who are always willing to give a kind word, funny story or twitter reply about Motherhood! I really consider my blog friends a big part of my life, and I feel like they keep me sane sometimes!
I have also met and worked with many great companies I would have otherwise never known about, who help me give back to my wonderful community of friends through giveaways and reviews!
- Pick a platform that is easy for you to update, like blogger or Wordpress.
- Be real. No one wants to read how someone is having a great day as a parent (unless you really are!) share the downs as well as the ups. It really helps to connect with your audience.
- Don't be afraid to speak your mind. It's your blog, and you will be surprised about all the support you can get from it.
- Best of all, have fun! If it gets overwhelming, take a break and come back to it. Your new friends will always be there.
- Start a twitter, and facebook page. Start conversing with folks, word of mouth is a great way to promote your blog