Make Family Computing a Positive Experience
From Christy Matte, former About.com Guide
Just the Basics
Setting basic guidelines for the family computer is the best way to encourage healthy computing habits.
- Buying a Laptop vs. a Desktop
- Where to Place the Family Computer
- Recommended Ages for Computer and Online Time
- What to Look for in Software for Young Kids
- Choosing a Digital Camera for Children
Health & Safety
From taking regular breaks to navigating the Internet, it's important to learn how to stay healthy and safe while using the family computer.
- Limiting Computer Use for Kids
- What is Sexting and Why Should I Be Concerned?
- Is it Safe to Post Pictures of My Kids Online?
- Web Browsers for Kids
- Parents Guide to Kids Online
- Parents Guide to Cyberbullying
- Teen Guide to MySpace and Online Safety
- Computer Ergonomics for Children
- Monitor Your Child's Email
Staying on top of basic computer maintenance can make your life easier in the long run. Learn how!