Shopping for Christmas and Hanukkah gifts online can be a lot of fun. It's also a way to find unique gifts and save money and time. These tips can help you make the most of your holiday shopping experience and lower your holiday stress.
1. Start EarlyOnline stores sell out of things, so it’s important to order those special items as early as possible. You’ll also need to leave plenty of time for shipping.
2. Shop AroundIf you see something you like, take a moment to search and see if you can find the item you’d like for a bit less. Make sure to check shipping policies as the shipping can eat up your savings.
3. Be CreativeAlthough you can find all the things you’d see at your local stores, shopping online provides the opportunity to find unique gifts. Look for hand-made items, regional specialties, and other treats that will be a true surprise for your recipient.
4. Be Safe
There are plenty of scams online and you don’t want to lose your holiday money to one of them. Educate yourself on safe shopping habits and follow through on them. Ten Tips for Safe E-Shopping
5. Keep TrackIt’s easy to forget what who you’ve already purchased gifts for, so make a list. Checking off items as they arrive will also help you double check that your orders are complete.
6. Make a BudgetCreate a gift list for the people you will be buying for along with an estimate of what you’d like to spend. That will help to keep you from splurging when you see something extra special.
7. Create a New Email Address
Find a free email provider and set up an address just for your online shopping needs. This will keep your personal email free from spam, and will make it easier to track you purchases. Top Free Email Services