Holiday shopping can be a lot of fun, but it can also be unnecessarily stressful. Creating a holiday wish list or online gift registry for each member of your family is one way to lower the stress for yourself and others. You can specify the things you like, along with sizes and colors. There will be no need to spend your post-holiday time returning and exchanging unwanted gifts because people can get you exactly what you want the first time around.
Wish lists tend to be simple to use and most come with a basic set of features. Make sure your wish list website has at least the following essential features:
- The ability to automatically add photos and descriptions of an item.
- Easy one-click adding of items to the list.
- A way for friends and family to reserve items so no one else can purchase them
In addition to the essential features, there are some traits that you’ll want to consider when you make your decision. The best wish list for you will:
- Allow for multiple lists. This is especially important if you have young children, because you’ll want to create lists specifically for them. It’s also nice to keep a private wish list of items that you can use for personal reminders, comparison shopping and your own shopping list.
- Have a wide selection. Ideally, you’ll have just one wish list per person to send out to family and friends, so you don’t want to be limited by the selection of items. Choosing one vendor can be limiting, but there are plenty of sites that either carry a wide variety, or allow you to add items from any site you wish.
- Be easy to use. This may be obvious, but if it’s too confusing, it’s not going to save you any time. Try out the site and see how it feels. Is It easy to add new items? Do the photos automatically appear, or do you need to add them yourself? It should also be easy for family and friends.
If you’re ready to get started, it’s time to learn about the Top Wish List Websites and create your own. Don’t forget to share the list with others and ask them for their wish lists. Then, start shopping!