1. Parenting

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Play Settlers of Catan Online for Free

By September 22, 2008

Updated 6/6/2010: Aso Brain is currently not accepting new registrations and many older accounts have been purged. It isn't clear when (or if) the ban on new registrations will be lifted.

Aso Brain Games has some very cool, family-friendly Java based games on their site. My favorite is a version of Settlers of Catan called Xplorers. If you haven't played, it's a card-based resource collecting, city building game. Players collect resource cards that they use to build roads, towns, and other infrastructure. If your family has more than one computer online, you can play against one another. You can also play against other online players or against the computer. Although the content is family-friendly, engaging in multi-player games online does open you up to possibly inappropriate comments. The game has the option for privacy, so no one can join or comment.

There are three other games on the site, including Match! which is like the card game Set.

Visit Aso Brain Games

Comments
March 30, 2009 at 8:31 pm
(1) Eric says:

This was a good link, the game allows you to play with others or bots so you can learn strategies.

August 26, 2009 at 2:49 pm
(2) emma says:

my fam loves this game we play together every night and now we have a whiteboard of how many wins and losses we each have

September 22, 2009 at 1:18 pm
(3) Anne says:

This was my favorite site, but now it doesn’t work. Did they close the site?? ?I haven’t been able to get on it since Monday September 22.

September 22, 2009 at 3:07 pm
(4) Marc says:

I cannot get on either. Must be a server problem there.

September 22, 2009 at 10:05 pm
(5) K says:

Well, a small comfort to see that I am not the only one jonesing for an ASO fix. Their servers are definitely fragile so let us hope this is a temporary condition!

September 23, 2009 at 12:08 am
(6) Dealienem says:

This was my favorite site too!!! Not working. I sure howp they get it fiexed!!!

September 23, 2009 at 3:48 pm
(7) jazaiaz says:

they had a bug and they say they will try to fix it in a few days…i really hope so cause we play every night…i’ve tried some other free websites but they don’t have cities and knights or boats which is a little boring!!! if you like the basic game you ca try Brettspielwelt but it’s quite hard to understand how to play or solito (canadian website) but there is only a few players on their site…good luck, and be patient!

September 24, 2009 at 10:39 pm
(8) Rob says:

Does anyone know of any online playing site where you can play the expansion Traders and Barbarians?

May 10, 2010 at 3:52 pm
(9) Ryan says:

This site has sadly closed registration :(

May 20, 2010 at 2:30 pm
(10) Jose Montoya says:

I hate you

June 2, 2010 at 6:37 pm
(11) Andy says:

Unfortunately the aso.brain site is currently not accepting any new members. In fact they’re getting rid of alot of older members whos profiles were inactive for 6 months. My older brother however does have an active account and did let me play for a few hours on it. I played the Settlers of Catan and loved it!

I cant wait for them to reopen registration so that I might be able to have a user name for myself.

September 22, 2010 at 7:26 pm
(12) j says:

This link is not dead but they are not allowing new users at this time

July 29, 2011 at 8:14 pm
(13) Paul says:

If you still have an eactive account you can log on to aso brain games but they have for the past year or so put a registration stop on all new members tring to registered due to the number of complaints and bad behavior from players. Plus if you havent been logged on in over 6 months you are also SOL